Friday, July 23, 2010

Week 3 Animation Mentor - Basic foundations

Hi there,

Ok so again last week was really week 3 :), I keep forgetting to post on the correct week, but anyways this particular week was our first animation assignment! Wohooo! Of course its nothing fancy but just a normal bouncing ball, but its definitely not easy getting it right, but it was lots of fun, and learned lots about timing.

I think the biggest lesson I learnt from week 3, was not to depend too much on the computer to work out the timing for you, I think in the past I dependanted too much on the computer to work out my breakdowns and inbetweens, and I think that's what made my animation very robotic in areas. Another important lesson was "Planning", I think this was something I never did in the past, and is something I am definitely going to adopt, it just seems to have outlined my animation a lot better, and I feel I can animate faster once I have everything put down on paper, and roughing out the timings.

We also had to do some "excitement" poses, I really tried my best to avoid doing the cliche jumping for joy kind of pose, and didn't quite hit the mark, so the mentor told me to do a revision, which I did and I also did some extra poses just to put some practise in :). Please have look at the pictures and my bouncing ball.

Cheers and see ya next time,
Meng.








No comments:

Post a Comment